CWA Financial Advisor and Director of Strategy, Jennifer DeNapoli, shares her secrets to making a cake that tastes like heaven on Earth!
From: Jennifer DeNapoli
1 angel food cake (pre-made or homemade and cooled)
1 18oz can cherry pie filling
1 package 4-serving instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 cup 2% milk
1 cup sour cream
8oz cool whip
Optional: sliced almonds for garnish
- Cut the angel food cake into cubes about 1 inch in size.
- Layer half of the cake pieces evenly in the bottom of a 9″x9″ cake pan (metal or glass).
- Spread 2/3 of the cherry pie filling evenly over the cake.
- Layer the last half of the cake cubes over the cherry pie filling.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the pudding mix, milk, and sour cream until smooth, about 2 minutes. Spread evenly over the top of the cake.
- Spread the cool whip evenly over top of the pudding layer. Drop and spread the rest of the cherry pie filling on top.
- Place in the fridge and let chill 4 to 5 hours before serving (the longer the cake sits and soaks up all of the flavors, the better!).
- Optional: sprinkle slivered almonds on top of the cake before serving.